As a photographer or videographer, finding the perfect location for a shoot is crucial. Not only does it set the tone for the visuals, but it can also make or break the final product. One of the best ways to scout locations and build a community of support is by partnering with local businesses. Not only can this help your business, but it can also help the community in which you work. Here is a 101 on how to do it.
1. Research: Start by researching the local businesses in your area. Look for businesses that align with your brand and style. For example, if you specialize in wedding photography, look for local wedding venues or bridal shops.
2. Introduce yourself: Once you have identified potential businesses, introduce yourself. Visit them in person or send an email introducing yourself and your work. Explain how you think you can help them and the community.
3. Offer your services: Offer your services to the business owner. For example, you could offer to take photos or create a video of their business for their website or social media platforms. This will not only help the business, but it will also showcase your work to potential clients.
4. Build a relationship: Building a relationship with the business owner is key. Take the time to get to know them and their business. Offer to attend events or even volunteer your time to help out. The more invested you are in their business, the more invested they will be in yours.
5. Collaborate: Once you have built a relationship with the business owner, look for opportunities to collaborate. For example, if you are a wedding photographer, you could collaborate with a local florist to create styled shoots. This not only helps your business but can also help the local business by showcasing their work.
6. Keep the relationship going: Building relationships takes time and effort. Make sure to keep in touch with the business owner and continue to offer your services when you can. This will help build a strong community of support.
By scouting locations and building partnerships with local businesses, you can not only create stunning visuals but also help support the community in which you work. So, start researching and introducing yourself to local businesses today!